Wednesday, April 9, 2014

No Kay.


Charlotte is doing okay. We are coming up on a week since her surgery, and while she isn't back to her old self, she is powering through. With the exception of some weepiness, refusal to eat and/or drink at times, and not really knowing what she wants when we ask, she has been okay. Her new favorite word is "No Kay" ...a combination of no and okay, meaning maybe I want it, maybe I don't?!

We have been watching a ton of movies (thankfully she is off her Frozen kick and onto "Wreck it Ralph,"), and keeping her busy with all the great get well gifts she received from family and friends. We are grateful. 




Today we decided to get out and enjoy the nice weather by visiting the zoo. I thought a ride in the stroller would be good for Charlotte. However, she had other ideas and did not want to sit back and relax in the stroller and preferred to walk (which normally I encourage, but considering the heavy duty meds she is on and the little bit of food in her tummy, I figured riding would be a better option).

Luckily a train ride cheered her up.




However, when the ride was over, tears started flowing and it was time to head home for naps.

Thanks for checking in. Hopefully she will be back to her old self in no time. Special thanks to my parents and aunt for taking over her (and Jack's!) care tomorrow so I can attend a Special Education Law and Advocacy conference in Madison. I am looking forward to a whole day of no one "needing me" and learning some new things too!! I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I was soooo close to getting my district to send me!! You and Missy will just have to share all of the awesome things you learn :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!